Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Introduction to Blogging

I received a friends request from Richard Miller​ and an invitation to join this group, I am grateful, thank you!
Now on the invitation here the post said to "feel free to post things of interest", well I have something that is very near and dear to my heart that I would like to write about here.  I am a former foster child, grew up an orphan and bounced around through kindred care and foster homes ending my 9 years in a group home.  When I left foster care, I was literally dumb as a stump about life but knew it all just ask me!  Had a huge chip on my shoulder and though I ruled the world, WRONG!  I am a quick learner and had to adapt.  I got married, raised a family and then my wife divorced me after 32 years of marriage.  The divorce came after I got what I feel is a calling to missions.  She didn't want any part of it and wanted out.
My calling is to go back to foster care and show kids in the system that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and hope abounds.  My dream is to build a long term foster care facility on a ranch near Brady, Texas called the Rockin' Lazy J Ranch Inc.  You can read my story on the about page at www.rockinlazyjranch.com.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will be a hero to these kids. I know, if you have been called to do this, then it WILL happen. No our way, but HIS way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dianne, wherever he leads, I will follow.

    ReplyDelete